Best-loved Young Infant Toys
The best-loved baby toys for young infants age 0-6 months. Boost infant reflexes, thinking skills, and sensory experiences with developmental baby toys organized according to physical, mental, and social abilities.
Young Infant’s Physical Abilities & Interest
- follows objects with eyes
- learns to localize sounds and turns to see
- gains control of hands by learning to bat, reaching and grasping objects
- discovers feet by bringing feet to mouth and by exploring with feet
- begins to sit with support
- large muscle play includes rolling, scooting, rocking, bouncing
Developmental baby toys boosting infant reflexes and perceptual abilities
Young Infant’s Mental Abilities & Interest
- explores the world with eyes and ears
- begins to explore with hands and feet and mouth
- enjoys creating effects in the environment by own actions
- begins to recognize familiar people, objects, and events
- becomes aware of novelty and strangeness in people, objects, and events
- develops definite preferences for certain people, objects, and events
- may imitate simple movements if in own repertoire
- does one thing at a time
Developmental baby toys that kindle thinking and sensory learning
Young Infant’s Social Abilities & Interest
- special interest in people especially faces and voices especially
- begins to smile at faces, voices and mirror image
- quits crying upon seeing familiar faces or hearing sounds or voices
- begins seeking attention, and engaging with people
- distinguishes among familiar people and has preferences
- begins to coo and gurgle, babble and laugh aloud, play with sounds
- listens to voices and may imitate sounds already in own repertoire
Developmental baby toys nurturing positive sensory experiences
“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.”
Our purpose is to make developmental toy selection easier for you. We do this through research, recommendations by experts and parents, and through the pre-selection of toys on Amazon, as reviewed by verified consumers. We welcome recommendations in helping us and other parents choose age-appropriate and developmental toys.
The Brightest Family conducts independent research, and may refer to studies from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission web site, and from non-profit organizations.
“Kids and Babies - Safety Alerts.” United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, www.cpsc.gov/safety-education/safety-guides/kids-and-babies. Accessed Aug. 2017.
Which Toy For Which Child. Washington D.C., U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Accessed Aug. 2017. A Consumer's Guide for Selecting Suitable Toys
“Age-by-Age Toy Buying Guide.” PlaySafe.org, The Toy Association, www.playsafe.org. Accessed Aug. 2017.
Best-loved Older Infant Toys
Promote muscle control, brain development, and emotional experiences with the best-loved baby toys organized according to physical, mental, and social abilities.